Are you visiting the greater San Diego or Escondido, CA area and looking for local attractions? Well, look no further than the San Diego Zoo. Whether you’re traveling with a minivan rental full of kids or it’s just you in a compact rental car, Greenleaf Rent a Car agrees that the San Diego Zoo is a must-see California attraction.
The San Diego Zoo has been a premier zoo in the U.S. for years and was recently named the number one zoo in the nation by TripAdvisor for 2015. Here’s what we think makes the San Diego Zoo so great:
- Animals: What would a zoo be without its creatures? And the San Diego Zoo has plenty. From an anaconda to a koala, you can get up close to animals from around the world. You can enjoy reptiles, mammals, amphibians, and more.
- Gardens: The San Diego Zoo is also home to many gardens, featuring everything from bogs to native Hawaiian plant life.
- Play Areas: If you’re traveling with kids, at some point they’ll need some time to run around, and the zoo has several areas designated to let kids play.
- Entertainment: From animal shows to 4D movies, the San Diego Zoo has entertainment that appeals to all ages and interests.
- Dining and Shopping: You can plan to enjoy a meal or take home a souvenir from this top zoo. It has many different eating and shopping options.
Ready for a day at the zoo? Check out the San Diego Zoo website for everything you need to know about admission rates, hours of operation, and planning your day.
If you need a car rental for your visit to the zoo or your Escondido vacation, be sure to call us at Greenleaf Rent A Car. We have a wide range of quality rental cars that include hybrid car rentals, SUV rentals, van rentals, and more. Check out our car-rental inventory and current specials, and contact our Escondido location at (760) 294-7052 to make a reservation.